Thursday, July 17, 2008

Memories

I got this from a friend's blog and thought it could be fun! I've enjoyed putting memories on other's and then seeing ones that I relate to which others have written.
You can play along... be nice. :)

Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.

It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments

12 comments:

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

Dee, I remember planning for the "Hula Hawkins" dance and how much fun the whole group had. I think we probably had more fun pllaning for it though. Anyways, Your family is just too cute!

Ryan and Marci said...

The first thing that popped into my head is doing the "Wishing & Hoping" skit (the song from My Best Friend's Wedding) for YW's. You were the pretty bride & we were at Mare's house practicing. That was so much fun!!

Janell said...

From Joe: Trying to have a conversation in Spanish and thinking that we were doing pretty well. Except that all we knew how to say was really that we didn't know how to speak Spanish fluently.

From Janell: Whenever I think of you I think of your great laugh! You are just one of those people that has a contagious one. It was always fun to see you so happy!

Stacy said...

We were at an after-game party on a Friday night at your house and like crazy girls, we were swinging across your pool on the rope with normal clothes on. Well, you and your agile self made it across just fine. I, on the other hand, did not and ended up stuck in the middle of your pool on a rope with nowhere to go but in. You ended up jumping in too so I wouldn't look like the only goof in the pool. Thanks, Dee.

Molly and Kip said...

Dee,
My memory of you is and always will be our old movie days. What a career we had going for us. As always the classic My Best Friends Wedding always stands out. What fun memories!

Jen.Steve.Joe said...

I remember you and your friends doing an awesome number for a talent show...I think it was to a Mariah Carey song? it started out slow and then sped up...I could be wrong, hopefully not because that would stink, but I always envied you because you were such a good singer/dancer...I also remember practicing the piano in Solemint and you were singing the high part to I am a Child of God, you did it wonderfully!

Whitney Parry said...

It's so true.. our memories have been sparce.. but my favorite memory of our friendship is that we have "maybe" met eachother once but have kept in touch over the years watching eachothers lives change and grow! Thanks for being such a suportive friend! I really think we would be better friends than we are if we got the chance to hang out!:) haha!:) Maybe one day!

Bedkes said...

Goodness where do I begin... well I could start with you cutting my hair to my ears with normal scissors, or pretending to be statues on your arches leading to your house when people drove by, or wearing your sister's prom dresses and kissing our favorite statue who made the best prince, there was also junior life guarding and meeting those marines, or I guess I could talk about scaring the crud out of each other telling ghost stories... you know I just don't know where to begin there are too many to name when you are twins!

Danielle said...

K, I know this sounds super cheesy, but this is what came to mind. I can't really come up with just one distinct memory, but all I can picture is your big smile and contagious giggle. Everywhere, all the time, your smile and giggle. Didn't matter what we were doing. Love you Dee

ps I don't know where the group name came from... go fig.

About us said...

I think I have an idea of what you are talking about at Catalina Island ;). That was an awesome girls camp. I remember so many fun things about you Dee. Sleepovers, after game parties at your house, dancing, crushes, and yw activities. I just always remember you being so fun and upbeat and always having a smile. I know that sounds corny, but literally when I picture you its with a smile. Hope all is well. I miss all those fun times.

Stevenson Family said...

Ok...I've been waiting until I had the perfect memory but I'm not sure it's going to come. So many to choose from and the one that keeps sticking out is one that is just so small. I remember sitting on the roof in Ecuador writing our missionaries. I was going through a rough time w/mine and you were talking to me about it and giving me advice. You were wise back then (nothing's changed) and gave me a good example to follow of being a support rather than a burden. I don't think I took your example...but I had it anyway. ;) I also remember when we were supermodels together. Another memory is of when you tricked me into thinking there were REALLY pictures of me in Ecuador on a billboard. I still need to get you back for that. You're a great friend and I love ya!

JoDee said...

Oh hello! It's JoDee - so glad you found me! I love the blogging world. Ok - so I have lots of fun memories of silliness in choir and our choir trips. You always had this huge smile that broke out all over your face. So fun!