School starts back up on Monday, so today we did a finale tutor session. With the Olympics going on, I decided to put the through a relay race. I invited 2 of my nephews over to join in (a bit of a thanks to their fam for letting us have our little girl's Bday party there tomorrow). I had 4 spots and each had a "test" question... It wasn't your normal way to answer questions.
2- Using your feet, dig throughthe jell-o to find your answer-- answers were written on foil or saran wrap... they had to choose the correct one. Some were tricky.
3- Using your face, find your answer... true or false-- Some of my friends/family have experienced this one... hands behind the back, face and nose digging into a big bowl of flour to find the correct answer (candy). I had the answers wrapped around mini hersheys. 

4- Use the slip n' slide to get to your answer-- I
had answers taped to shish-kabob sticks. Each was stuck in the grass at the end of the slip n' slide.
had answers taped to shish-kabob sticks. Each was stuck in the grass at the end of the slip n' slide.There were all sorts of right and wrong possible answers, so they had to pay attention!
At the end, when they received the results of their tests... they either:
1- stuff a big marshmallow in their mouth for each wrong one and then sang the alphabet
2- sit on the grass while one breaks an egg over your head. 1 egg for each wrong question.
I was nervous about the result effects... could go bad. It was a test though. I figured the marshmallow was mellow enough. I wanted to do the egg though because it could be a big hit. Let's just say that each one purposely got one wrong so that they could experience the egg. Not a normal everyday thing. Of course I insisted that they clean themselves up by sliding along the slip n' slide! :) Lots of good laughs.
I sure had fun being Mrs. Brady! I plan to carry on with the tutoring through the school year. We'll see what else takes place. he, he, he.





8 comments:
That sounds like fun and the kids looked like they all had a good time. You are so creative.
Very creative! and what fun. Keep up the good work! oh and Happy Birthday to your little one.
Is there any question why I call you for advice in pretty much every area of my life?! Brilliant!
What a great idea! I tutor from my home as well and I love it. I get to teach without leaving my kids, help kids who are struggling, and the extra money doesn't hurt either! good luck hopefully they will keep coming
It looks like so much fun! I am glad you were able to do some teaching. Happy birthday little one!!!!
You are so fun, I read through smiling the whole time! Yay, I'm coming on Tuesday, I hope you are excited about the book. I'll watch the kiddies while you read, and I won't be offended :)
What a great idea- tutoring. I can't believe the school year starts today and I'm not in a classroom this year. I really miss it, so that might be a good option for me too!
Tutoring is totally teaching! That's awesome you are getting to do that again. And Bridgette is already 1?! That is crazy how fast that time goes. She is just getting cuter and cuter! (and I love those chubby thighs:)
Post a Comment