2 weeks ago, Bedke's and Brady's met up on a very quick road trip along the California coast. Things were fantastic! Better than I thought they could be. Woo-Hoo! The kids were great together, the roads were clear, the weather was beautiful, the car was just right (all 7 in my Honda Pilot) and we all had fun. I am finally taking a moment to get my photos in there.
We stayed 2 nights in Pismo Beach. Thursday, Mare and I hit the outlets. I left my purse at the Martin's, so we picked up a 911 fill of my seizure meds. It had been the first night w/o my meds since the surgery. Then a trip to a petting farmish place (Mare and I shouldn't have been the ones to get the info. Took us a bit longer than could have. hehe). Then we had lunch and hit the beach! All loved it. The kids enjoyed the buckets over the head. Gidget, enjoyed the taste of the sand. Karl did some good sand dollar searching. That night we hit the San Luis Obispo Farmer's Market. Talk about going ALL OUT! We had fun and the kids survived. Ate dinner on the sidewalk, watched all sorts of people and got some goodies. On Friday we did a little boat trip-- not much was seen. It was fun for Cowboy to see the fish, otter and the seals. We enjoyed lunch and treats there too. From there, we took the PCH up to Monterey. I loved the drive. We sure did lots of curves up the mountain! Didn't stop at Hearst Castle-- didn't think the kids would be up for a 45+ min. tour, etc. Infact, they fell asleep in the car for most of the drive from Morro Bay. That night, we were DELIGHTED to have dinner with the Elliot's in their beautiful house. Delicious food and good company. LONG time since we've hung out, but of course felt like a day hadn't passed. I love good friends. The Bedke's got to crash there while us Brady's stayed at the Wharf. We got back together on Sat. morn and hit the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. So much fun and time flew by (thanks for the idea from your post, Evan's). We were nervous of rain, but there wasn't a cloud in sight... got a bit warm actually. Gidget was waving to everyone as we rode the Ferris wheel. She was getting a kick out of that. It was cute to actually take our little ones on rides! They were worn out before we took a ride on the very old, classic ferris wheel. We headed back to Monterey and the Bedke's rented a car and made their way up to San Fran. A very quick visit for them. We hung back, having been to San Francisco last year, and relaxed in Monterey-- although we had spent most of the day at the Boardwalk. We had dinner at Cannery Row and did lots of walking around. We picked up on Sunday morn and drove all the way back to LV, with a pit-stop at Martin's for my purse and Wilson's (my sis') to hand over their roof rack luggage bag (definite help for space!). We got home at 10:30pm and decided that it had all been just right! Our first "David Brady family vacation."










7 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great time! Your baby girl is getting so big!!!
wow sounds like a great trip--i lived in monterey for three summers and i seriously LOVE that place!
Good times! I have been wanting to post, but we thought we lost our camera, luckily we found it so be looking for mine.
Looks like such a fun trip!! Next time we want an invite! ha, ha.
I can't wait to travel more when the twins get a little older. I can't believe how big your little girl is getting. Time flies~
Looks like such a fun trip. I've always wanted to go up there. I've been to Pismo but always wanted to go to Monterey. Larry's brother is stationed there right now but he'll be moving soon so i doubt we'll ever get up there now.
what a cute blog! I am still trying to figure this whole blog thing out, but here is mine,
www.kettasfamily.blogspot.com so I dont know how to add peoples blogs to my blogs I am sure I will figure it out soon! haha! your family is so beautiful! oh and btw I still have that dress! hahaha
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
تركيب كاميرات مراقبة بالرياض
فني تركيب كاميرات مراقبة بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
Post a Comment