Saturday, January 12, 2008

December 2007

We sure have kept busy over the past few weeks. Gidget is continuing to grow at the speed of light. She grows out of her pjs with the closed feet and my mom's getting on me about stunting her growth. :) At the beginning of December we went down to Newport (as I mentioned having visited the Bedke's) for some tests-- which got cancelled. Then things with Primary got absolutely busy, the rush to finish Christmas cards, and presents and so on. Real Estate work didn't slow down for the hubby and then, already, Christmas arrived! We got Mom for this one, so I was happy for that. We had a yummy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner with David's family (so nice to not cook every holiday-- not always my forte', I feel like I take so long).
At 10:30 pm Christmas Eve, while wrapping presents we heard a loud crash and a car alarm go off. It sounded close, so I ran to the window and saw an unfortunate sight...A brand new 2008 Mercedes SUV smashed in Jason and Suzie's Explorer (which was being stowed in front of our house during their trip south). Ugg. Not exciting to tell Jas and Suz about. Christmas day was wonderful despite the car disaster.

Our fifth anniversary soon followed. We decided to do more than dinner and finally take advantage of Vegas-- Cirque du Soleil. We went and saw Le Reve' at the Wynn. Fascinating what these people can do- twist, turn, balance, flip. We decided to take it easy this New Year's- having traveled to 4 different places in the last two months. Things haven't quite slowed since!

3 comments:

Smile said...

oh, that is such a depressing picture.

Bedkes said...

Poor Jason and Suzie, I guess they didn't already have enough going on! I love the pics of your girlie! She really is so cute and I love the cheeks. You look tiny! Not fairl!

Robin said...

Le Reve' was interesting. It's amazing what those people can do.