Gidget is being introduced to solids right now and she is doing quite well. This is where the Bumbo seat has definitely come in handy. I'm using the Bumbo tray as well, which is very helpful (she plays with her toys on the tray while I get her food ready). It's cute to see her copying me when I open my mouth. She is familiar with the spoon (played with it in the bathtub a few times before she started her solids-- a recommendation from Baby Wise II) so I think it has helped. I can't believe she is already to that point. I'm going to try out avocados next (recommendation of Mare), so we'll see how that goes-- supposed to help her in being less picky. We are working on teaching her to keep her hands off the bowl and out of her mouth without me holding them down. She is already doing alright with that.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Yummmm!
Gidget is being introduced to solids right now and she is doing quite well. This is where the Bumbo seat has definitely come in handy. I'm using the Bumbo tray as well, which is very helpful (she plays with her toys on the tray while I get her food ready). It's cute to see her copying me when I open my mouth. She is familiar with the spoon (played with it in the bathtub a few times before she started her solids-- a recommendation from Baby Wise II) so I think it has helped. I can't believe she is already to that point. I'm going to try out avocados next (recommendation of Mare), so we'll see how that goes-- supposed to help her in being less picky. We are working on teaching her to keep her hands off the bowl and out of her mouth without me holding them down. She is already doing alright with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Yeah - solids! The start of fun messes!!
PS - I like your new blog look. I'm wanting to redo mine one of these days, but have yet to find exactly what I want to change it too.
This is Ursula, Rendells Wife. How much fun are you having with that adorable little girl!! I remember when my daughter was that small. She will be 3 in April. Congrats on all in the blog it looks like you dont leave much room for spare time! I am very sorry to hear about the news. Please email me at gotwilk03@yahoo.com. You are in our prayers and if you need help please dont hesitate to ask. Even if you are wondering what to kind of expect in the next few months or how i might help you husband take care of your family a little bit better...just let me know. Sometimes its better to ask for a little help. I would love to chat...oh and the christmas tree thing..we did that too :)
Ah thanks for the good tips...Avacodos huh, I haven't heard or tried that one yet! Let me know how that goes, she looks darling!!!
like the new look. emma's first solid besides the flakey oatmeal nastiness was avocado. she loved it, still does. and i don't know if it had anything to do with it, but she is definitely not a picky eater.
Thanks for filling me in Crystal. Did you choose avocados for any particular reason? (ie. did you hear the same recommendation somewhere?)Isn't it funny how you never really know if something turns out because of your efforts or if it is just a fluke! :)
Hey Deanna! It's so fun to see what you are up to. Your little girl is so darling. Girls are so fun!!
O the good ole' baby food days, Joe was such a stinker with that so listen to Mare who by now should be a genius on these things! She is soooo cute and I'm happy your mom came and spent Christmas with you. I called her, but she was up north, bummer but hopefully next time. Gidget is so cute :)
I have started on solids too, Mads is really liking the avocados. She has also had rice cereal and bananas, so far so good. What a cutie!
How fun! I'll call you back soon, I promise! We've been at an activity almost every night for the last two weeks. I'll see if I can catch you tomorrow.
Post a Comment