Thursday, December 20, 2007

Flip...But No Flop!

First off, I have to say "sorry" for the poor layout. I was going to try and figure out how to get them next to eachother as quickly as I could, but it just started to take too long and I didn't want to have to download the pictures again. Here ya have the pics, Mare!

We did our second flip and it has taken me quite a while to actually post it all. This is the house I mentioned in our Christmas card... Having just given birth a month before, I pretty much had nothing to do with it, except a few suggestions. We had a friend partner up with us on this-- quite handy that he is in construction himself (owns a successful company). This house was absolutely disgusting. I thought our first one was bad... nothing in comparison to this. Shocking that one would live in such conditions. The roof was insulation and thin sheets of wood. Carpet was disgusting. Critters all over.
I had open toed shoes on and so I would not enter the bedrooms with carpet. Gidg, definitely, was not brought in! People watched the process and when finished, would walk through the house wide-eyed. It was snagged off the market the same day it went up for sale (a family living down the street, actually). Once again, people on the street are making efforts to fix up their own houses and yards. Our friend was able to use HIGH quality materials because of his company. This place has better materials than our own house.







Not much needs to be said explaining the front room. Try not to gag as you think about living in it before. New walls, floors, AC, windows, paint, outlets, lighting, ceiling.


















Notice the lift in the ceiling here. The ceiling was just a couple inches above the boys' heads. Refinished cabinets, new stove, sink, faucet, and fridge. Granite counter, fancy tile backsplash, new travertine flooring, and new ceiling.









New mirror, cabinets, sink/top, faucet, shower, window, toilet, flooring, lighting, and such.













New walls, windows, paint, travertine flooring, lighting, baseboards, etc...





Ewwwww! Talk about mold. Glass everywhere. Spiders. Stains. I don't even want to guess what else.

Not anymore!!!

New carpet, walls, ceiling (cottage cheese taken off all ceilings), windows, lighting, paint, closet, etc...

A whole new room was added on to the back of the house-- a fancy laundry room: New hookups and supplies, granite counter tops, windows, large room.
A good month of work...and the boys are ready and waiting for the next!

2 comments:

Bedkes said...

Thanks Dee for the pics. The house was awful before, Dave and his buddy did a great job! Way to go! By the way love the new pics of Gidgett!

Anonymous said...

Wow I am very impressed!!! It sounds exaugsting yet exciting once complete. That is way cool...