Friday, November 30, 2007

Flippin' Out

In May 2006, David and I got started on our house flipping venture. After reading books and of course watching the many house flip shows we got hooked on the idea. We jumped in and got to work. We found the house, layed out our plans and budget, and started right in. Our goal was six weeks and we did it! I would be there from 9am to as late as 10pm as often as possible and David would come straight from work.
It sure paid off! These pictures don't quite do it justice, but it gives you an idea. If you click on them, you'll see them better.


Before & After



Paint, lighting, doors, baseboards, carpet...



New appliances, sink, flooring, lighting, refinished cabinets, back splash, granite countertops...
New toilet, completely new shower, cabinet, sink, walls, flooring, fancy shower head...

New wall, cleaned, sprinkler system, grass, foliage, fixed brick/cement, paint
New walls, painted, flooring, carpet, baseboards, lighting...



Fixed entries, paint, flooring, lights...

Ten days after we put the house on the market...SOLD! One of the best things about this one is that many of the houses on that street started to fix up their own and "taming" their yards. So awesome to see the value of the neighborhood rise with it. We had a fun time with those neighbors and they loved being apart of the remodeling.

Well, to congratulate ourselves we actually went and bought a boat a week later. Ahh! Gave our families a fun surprise. :) Sure helped David to get away from his work at the laundry (Brady Linen, 24 hour job) while there. Worth every drop of sweat, every scrape and scratch, and every penny.
So, next summer if you're feeling like coming to Vegas and going to the lake, then come and play! We need to be sure and get some good use out of the treat! We sure have so far. So come one, come all!



2 comments:

Jen.Steve.Joe said...

That is awesome! I have been watching shows like that just recently and I think that would be such a fun project. Major thumbs up to you guys!

Whitney Parry said...

Your blog is so cute! I love it! I love your house you flipped too! Good job! And your beautiful little girl!!! Seriously..congrats!!! Your little family is so cute!!! And..lucky you have a boat! haha:)