Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Taste this apple, My Pretty..."

Is that what the "old woman" said to Snow White? Well, that's the first title that came to my mind when I thought of apples. (Gidget loves Snow White!)

My point has nothing to do with poisoned apples, in fact it's about apples replacing my craving for poisons. =) This past holiday season I let myself eat whatever sweets I passed. Sometimes I didn't have the craving, but it was there so I ate it. Get this, I made peanut clusters for neighbors, but instead of delivering them... I ate them. Yes, it's true. I gained a good 5 solid pounds and ready to see how my body does at getting it off.

First effort:

I've decided, "Reach toward sweets? Eat an apple."

Well...

I had three apples today.
:)
When I push "Publish Post" , I'm going to go wash and enjoy the crunch of number four.

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Go you! I've been trying to do the same thing. My fridge is stocked with apples, celery, cucumbers, carrots, and hummus. Here's to eating healthier!

Stevenson Family said...

i'll blame the vibes for gaining that 5 lbs right alongside you. can i use those same vibes to reach for nutrition? i'm going to try!!