Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm ALIVE!

The shackles are coming off of my energy and I feel as if I'm rising from the perscription dead. In other words, I have a new Las Vegas neurologist- #4 (different than my UCLA neuro-oncologist) who was daring enough to lower my seizure medication dose-- even though the computer said my body needs a higher level, something my last LV doctor-#3 strictly followed. It's been scary dropping the levels-- ohh the possibilities. More seizures... AGAIN?! But I was more than willing because something needed to change. (Refer to my last 2 posts to get an idea.) It took a few drops in my dosage levels until I really felt the difference. How does it feel? Well, last night tears swelled my lids for a moment when the thought popped up, "Oh my gosh, I might actually be able to be like my sisters someday." Does that give you an idea about the difference? They're go-getters, creative, active... good moms.
Notice the words I might from that quote. I'm not there yet, but mercy I'm getting closer.

While brain surgery may have taken a toll on me for a little while, it has enabled my body to be free (at least have less) of the daily medication that took its toll on my every day life. Hence, the shackles.
Funny thing, though, recently I've been having a hard time falling asleep because I have so many "Mom" ideas going through my mind. I'm reading 3 books at the same time (y'know what I mean) and jotting notes as I go along- that's been hard in the past while. Woo Hoo! So, good, now I have to figure out how to work with the changes. Oh the beauties of life.
...I just had to give a quick shout-out. Thanks for listening. (with your eyes...?... you get it.)

1 comment:

Stevenson Family said...

Deanna. Really? You blogged? I almost had a heart attack when I saw your update in my reader. I'm glad you're feeling like your old self. Though it freaks me out since you were an ah.mazing mother/wife/person before. So now with more energy? Whoa. And those wreaths? I'd love to make one with you someday soon. :o)