Wednesday, January 13, 2010

October '09 in January '10

Family got together for MD's blessing. We have a fun sandbox/pit in the backyard (which we dug in our first few months of moving in 5 years ago... thinking of how fun it would be for the kids to someday play in it. Precious). We had Wilsons, Jason's crew, Jimmy's crew, Scotty's crew, Grandma McKe, and a visit from the Doughmans!! In the top left corner the kids are holding their certificates for their art. The pink pick is of a wall in Gidget's room that I've been playing with in my head for a long time. I have fun looking at it. :)










With hours of help from my handy friend Jasmine (check out http://forgetmeknotstreasures.blogspot.com/) I was able to actually (mostly) follow a pattern and make MDs blessing dress. I made a few changes so that it could be like Gidget's dress, which was mine when I was blessed (Gidget's pic is the last one of the bunch). Made it all the more sentimental. To add to sentimental value: Grandma McKe got the material, I used Grandma Brady's ribbon, and I used MY Grandma Phil's lace! (Jasmine, what do you think of the bonnet?)











These are photos taken by Lori Sheets. THANK-YOU! We took a fun trip to Newport Beach with my mom and so I gave Lori a call. Here's her info: http://lorisheetsphotography.com/
OH! And I got my haircut! Remember how a good chunk of my head was shaven in April '08? Well now it is all even... this is how much my hair grew over 18 months. Kinda slow, if you ask me. All good though.

5 comments:

Jasmine said...

I LOVE the bonnet, Deanna! It turned out great! I love the lace you sewed around the dress at different levels, too. You did such a great job!

I love your new haircut, too! You'd never guess that your head had been shaved.

jamie t. said...

That dress was beautiful! You did a wonderful job.

I also love your hair cut! Very cute

Stevenson Family said...

Yes, the dress is AMAZING. think its funny that you and b are making the same face in the bottom left picture. ;) cheesers.

Molly and Kip said...

K first I have to say I LOVE your family pictures. You look beautiful!!! I also love Molly's blessing dress. What a beautiful baby she is. What a cute family, love you Dee

Tiffany said...

MD's dress is amazing! Way to go. And your hair looks SO cute.