Wednesday, August 12, 2009

She's Here!!

Our new little one came three weeks early and we've been busy since! She is such a calm and content girl, simply satisfied to be on earth with us. We named her Molly and she got my name for the middle. She was 7 pounds 8 ounces and measured a long 21.75 inches long! She would have been a BIG girl if she'd been inside another 3 weeks. She has definitely still been growing by the day.
I was induced and very surprised. With Gidget's delivery I was also induced, but had guessed it would happen because of my blood pressure. I wasn't prepared this time. David got a lot of things in order for me. Phew. The doctor rolled his eyes and the nurses laughed when I asked if I could make a stop at TJ Maxx and return a few items before going to the hospital. Afterall, it had been on my day's plan and was just down the street. =P He repeated that the labor process had already been started and I needed to get to the hospital. Oh well. ;) hehe.
I had been induced after the doctor saw the baby's heart beat drop during the normal random contractions. The whole process was interesting. After they induced me, Molly was getting worn out with all of the contractions. It looked like I was going to need a C-section. The nurses called my doctor and he had them REFILL my uterus so that the baby could relax and rebuild her energy. It worked! Both of us rested for two hours, her heart beat got better and then delivery came quick after pushing during only two contractions! It was what they had guessed... her cord was wrapped around her neck, tightening with each contraction. She came out strong, but quiet. Nice.
My sister came to the rescue when my mom was already on duty with my other sister's family for my nephew's surgery. She jumped on the plane and made it in time for delivery. I had wanted to get my toe nails painted before going to the hospital... she took care of it.

Gidget loves being a big sister and really is quite good! I was nervous, but she seems to automatically know limits-- although she has needed to be reigned in a few times.

Many have been so helpful since Molly's arrival and continue to be. My mom, my mother-in-law, my sister, David's sister, etc. My two oldest nieces are here on duty and have been a big help! I've gotten rest I didn't realize I needed!

I sure am blessed.














































































14 comments:

Brittany said...

So glad she is here and safe!

Kaymee said...

Congratulations Deeana!!! she's so cute!!

Danielle said...

What a cute new little girl you have mommy Dee. Congrats Brady family!!!

jamie t. said...

I am glad that everything went smoothly with her early delivery! She is beautiful and I hope big sister continues to be a "help" Congrats!

Katie and Kyle said...

Wow what a story! Congrats. She's beautiful.

Jasmine said...

Congratulations, again, you guys! I can't wait to meet little Molly. :)

The Knudsen Family said...

Congratulations! She looks beautiful.

Jen.Steve.Joe said...

Thanks for finally putting up pictures! Congrats! She is beautiful and Gidget is so cute with her!

Stacy said...

Wow, she's beautiful! Congratulations.

Bedkes said...

I can't wait to see her!!! She is so pretty and gidget looks gorgeous! You look way to good for someone who has just had a baby, your eyes look so pretty in the "leaving the hopsital" pics. Miss you, call me when you get a chance.

Tiffany said...

She's beautiful. I'm so glad that everything went alright with the delivery! I was a little nervous when I got your text. Your family looks beautiful!

~b said...

dee- so glad that things went well, even though it sounds like there were moments when it seemed like it wouldn't!! scary. but thrilled that it all went well and that baby molly is here, safe and adorable!!! congratulations!!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your cute little family. Your little Molly is so cute and what a cute name! I LOVE the picture of Gidget kissing Molly's feet, how adorable! Congrats again and I miss you!

Tracy Haws said...

She is adorable and so are you! I love the one with you snuggling her...so sweet.