So, we've just established official rules: (did during FHE, girls helped deco.; I'm going to frame them)

That's what led us to this week's official intro of chore list and positive vs. negative consequences (for rules and chore chart). I'm thinking what I need to do is compile about 6 different positive "Woo-Hoos." Then she won't have time to say she doesn't really care about earning this or that-- it'll be continuously changing. Hmm, she's only 3 and saying that! Any thoughts on that? What positives have worked for you?
Oh, here's our chore chart; the girls do it together--MD is only 19 months, but wants to be included:

The morn, noon, night labels are on magnets (I snagged a few from David's real estate collection. They're sticky on one side for business cards and magnet on the other). I am making some different chore pics and will put them on mini magnet squares too (Cut to fit pic). I left area under the word chore so that girls can see their chores in the morning. This chart will be what stays the same, but the positive reinforcement will change (weekly for now).
So send me your ideas. This week the girls have goody sheets (circle graph paper with 20 circles-- I printed online)
and when mommy or daddy sees them making good choices by doing their chores or following the rules, then we'll fill in a circle. The last circle has a heart in it. When Gidget gets to that one then she'll get to... (I haven't really declared that yet: I have treasure chest, or stay up with mom n dad, or date night...). It was okay to leave that hanging a little because she was quite caught in filling the circles.
and when mommy or daddy sees them making good choices by doing their chores or following the rules, then we'll fill in a circle. The last circle has a heart in it. When Gidget gets to that one then she'll get to... (I haven't really declared that yet: I have treasure chest, or stay up with mom n dad, or date night...). It was okay to leave that hanging a little because she was quite caught in filling the circles. Thanks!
Love,
A New Mom at a New Stage

2 comments:
I love your chart for your girls! Magnets are SUCH good ideas! in the past i've always done sticker charts, but I LOVE THIS becase it is visual and helps keep the kiddos focused! love your 'whoo-hoo's. oh my, you are such a cute mom! Way to go, Girl!
XOX. when i make our chart i'll post on my blog... you've inspired me!
فني ستائر بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب ستائر ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
Post a Comment