Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Whole Month in One

I am skipping out on a nap, realizing that I have not posted anything for a long time. Any who look at mine have probably erased me from their "list". Sheesh, and I thought Mare was delayed on all of her's! I haven't had much time for anything other than being Mommy, Wife and Sleeper-- with a few events included. If I do much, then I have to pay for it with even more sleep time, being worn out. Still surprises me that every time I lay down to rest, thinking that I don't feel tired and should probably at least read... I fall asleep before thinking that I am actually tired! My little one is definitely helping me in getting better because she is still taking three naps a day.
A lot has taken place this month. Trust me, I slept a lot after each event. I'll put on the pics.

We readily welcomed the Hinton's when they passed through Vegas. Kelsy and I went to High School, College and then Ecuador together-- we are pretty attached to eachother, but don't have many opportunities to hang out. They came straight from Disneyland and were still ready for our lake trip. It was a bit of a celebration to be able to go out on the boat. I was bummed when I realized that we didn't get any pics of eachother! The weather was definitely "warm" and little one's cheeks turned red quickly. Glad that the thought of chilly wet blanket being placed on her. It was her first time on the boat and she sure gave many giggles and cheers!

Happy Father's Day!

"Gidget" sure loves her daddy. He gets a cheer whenever he enters the room. "Dada" was her first word and she sure knows what it means. She was a good sport having to wear the life jacket while we were on the boat. We had to really work with that thing!Delighted is an understatement when Gidget gets to water the grass and garden with Daddy. She usually comes in wet after her playing with the hose.



We had the family over for dinner. With everyone's help it all went well. I sure got plenty sleep afterwards! Sure is something that I was able to pull it off so soon- exactly only 2 months since surgery. Gidget loved playing with her cousins. She cracked up watching them. We thought it was so cute how K sat with her cousin J, enjoying his dessert.
Next, Gidget and I went to CA with Gamma
McKe and met up with the Wilson's, S. McKeon's, and Doughman's.We were delighted to see Rikki and Natles in their Midsummer Night play. Awesome actresses! B loved more time with cousins and had fun being the big cuz to Camille. It was pretty awesome that Shannon (a friend starting from Jr. High) happened to be in town that weekend. A couple of us got together at Rattler's to celebrate her wedding. It was fun seeing Cassandra, Angie, Kirsten, Margie (Angie's mom) and Shannon. We were lovin' it when we hit the San Clemente beach. I tell ya, Gidget loves the beach! She sure fit her nick-name. All were big helps.






Gidget picked up crawling. She was so close on Father's Day, but finally went for it after the example of her cousin. She didn't continue it until she saw Daddy and Scout together two days later. Scout gives her a good work out. She goes after his tail and just before she grabs it, he stands and moves. He is so incredibly gentle with her and sure puts up with it all. B is grabbing a lot more solid bites and trying all sorts of new foods.She has grown out of the Bumbo seat and definitely is alright with the high chair. She's loving to just lounge. Our little one has also copied her mommy's crunched nose smile.

Well, lots more has taken place w/o photos. It was fun having Katrine' (friend starting from H.S. in St. George) and daughter here this week. Happy Birthday to her! I actually was able to pull off a "Merry Un-Birthday" get-together with my Bunco group and a couple others. I sure had a lot of fun putting it together. We did some different games to have a Bunco break. Alright, the end. B is awake.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

It was so good to see you guys last Sunday! I am glad you are doing well and having a fun summer. I hope we can do something together soon!!! P.S. I am also a professional sleeper!

Bedkes said...

It's about time, you are as bad as me! I can't believe she is crawling, sorry I keep missing you on the phone. Yeah she is crawling! I love the "piggy" face, sis does the same scrunched up smile, I call it her piggy face.

tiffunny said...

Glad you left a comment on my blog cause it made me check on your blog and I was excited to see you had updated! Does Bridget just have a permanent smile on her face? She seems like the happiest, smiliest baby ever! I just want to reach through the computer and pinch those cute little cheeks. And glad to hear you're doing so well as well!

The Woods Family said...

What a cute little girl! She is getting big quick. Katrine sure had fun in Vegas with you...too bad I missed out!
I was so happy to hear from you on the blog. Looks like you and your little family are doing wonderfully!

Jen.Steve.Joe said...

Yay you posted! I was wondering what our Vegas family was up too! You all look wonderful, and Gidget should be a Gerber baby model...look into that!

cory and laurel evans said...

It has been a long time. Your daughter is adorable! Glad you're doing well!

Stevenson Family said...

Your gidget is so adorable! Yay, she's crawling. She's sure to be an advanced reader now! And her teeth(gums) look so painful!! Poor thing. I love your comments on the blog Deanna...I always have to read them out loud to justin because they're so funny!!